Monday, December 23, 2019

Happiness is a Choice

Hello, World!

Yesterday, we had our Christmas party at work. We played a game with our gifts (Dirty Santa) where if we didn't like what we got when we opened it, we could claim someone else's and trade it. I got some Minty bath salts, bath oil, and bath bombs. I kept mine, and I am looking forward to taking a bath today.

I forgot to take my vitamins last night before I went to work, and I SURE feel the difference!

The Serenity Prayer asks God to grant me the serenity to change the things I can, accept the things I can't and wisdom to know the difference. Well, once you get to the acceptance stage, I think the difference is obvious. LOL And, I think I've finally reached that stage.

It's funny, though, how knowing the difference doesn't mean anything when you believe in God. But what we fail to realize is that the only one who can change anything we can't is God. So, we spend a lot of time trying to talk ourselves into accepting things we can't change, KNOWING we can't change it, but not being willing to give it over to God, either. Peace is obtained when we finally give in and let go.

Now I'm to the point of "What will be, will be."

I am enjoying the solitude of my room since I moved everything in here. I find I can focus on things a whole lot better. And, I am looking forward to working on more personal things on my day off now.

Ya'll have a blessed day! And, remember, happiness is a CHOICE.

===

We had a great layout in our tiny restaurant!


My manager, Julie, bought a cake with all our names on it. I thought she should have included her own, since she leads the team! But, she didn't.


I got a Bath Salt set in the Dirty Santa game! I am SO looking forward to using them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!