Thursday, December 5, 2019

"Connecting the Dots"

Hello, World!

What a great day! God is so good!

About 3 months ago I was approached by a pastor who is writing a book and asked me if I would write the "forward" for the book.

This is something I had never done before, but when God presents an opportunity to do something you've never done before, He always has a reason for it. I've already learned this well.

A little background on this is that the Pastor and I have never really spoken much on Social Media. He is and has been for awhile a Facebook friend. I know little about him except that he loves Jesus, works in missionary work, is well traveled, and has his own ministry.

He said, "God told me to ask YOU!"

So, naturally, I was a bit skeptical.

He said I could decline the request if I wanted to, but that he HAD to ask ME.

He hadn't yet finished his book. So, I told him that I would have to read the book before I decided.

A couple of days ago, he finally sent me the book.

During the last few months, I've had an experience in life that has left me questioning God's intentions with my life. I've, at times, felt like God was playing a practical joke on me. I keep holding on, regardless of how distant God has felt from me, because I firmly believe that everything in life has a reason; that God has a plan; and that ultimately, everything is going to turn out in my best interest according to God's will.

But, I am human, and I have felt as if God was sitting back and avoiding my questions.

Then, I read the first chapter. It's as if God was saying, "I know what you are thinking. I know what is in your heart. I understand why you are questioning me, so, let Me clarify...Oh, and BTW, I love you. Just sit back, relax and wait."

As Mr. Langston said in his book,

"If you are willing to wait, your destiny will find you. THAT, you can be sure of!"

Destiny: the idea that you are going to end up where God means for you to be, regardless of where you think you should be.

So, I'm floored. And, I feel now that God did, indeed, tell him to ask me to write the "Forward".

And I am filled with JOY because God is NEVER as far away as He sometimes feels.

Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this blog post Shonda. I would like a copy of the book. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!