Tuesday, December 1, 2020

I Will Fear No More

I had night terrors until I was eight years old. I credit the fact that I got saved for them ending. When I got saved, something happened in my dreams. Instead of running from the monsters, I suddenly had the willpower to face them IN MY DREAMS...and they just .... disappeared.

Now, when I am afraid, IN REAL LIFE, I face my fears the same way.

It has made my life a whole lot more productive, and climbing the mountains of my life a whole lot easier.

It has also helped me to identify "triggers" that cause me to relapse into old, unproductive and destructive, ways. When I reach a "trigger point" now, I take into consideration the consequences of further action should I continue down the path I am on. I then decide whether it is a fear to be conquered, or a trap to avoid. and find a way to detour the "pothole" on my journey.

When I encounter "potholes" my life changes, though. Things I find important, in that moment, I am forced to put aside and devalue in order to maintain my strength for the journey I need to continue on.

Potholes could be anything: a decision that could lead to a rough future, a potential for obsession over something (or someone) not worth the heartache, a potential relationship that is destructive, a potential change in job status, or other potential situations that could cause delay in where God wants me to be in my life.

My life is better for the night terrors I used to have. Today, I have no terror. I am fearless. I am brave. And, even though I may seem crass and uncouthe -- even arrogant -- because of it at times, my outlook on my future is brighter for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!