Monday, December 14, 2020

Becoming the Taxman

Hello, World!

I am planning on updating more on this blog, rather than on Facebook.

I have been really busy lately! So busy, I haven't had time to surf the internet much. I am now self-employed as a delivery driver for Uber, WAITr, and Lyft.

This past week was the first full week that I worked, and I clocked nearly 30 hours. I brought home almost $500. That is more than twice the amount I was making as a cook working a 40 hour week at The Pitt Grill.

I've been putting money back into my e-trade account in order to pay my taxes. Yesterday, I downloaded Quickbooks. I spent the whole day configuring it and labeling my transactions. I linked it to all of my bank accounts, and prepared it to record my mileage for tax-deductions.

It was a lot of work, but a WHOLE lot easier than I thought it was going to be! If you are self-employed, Quickbooks is the way to go!

I owe Big Brother over $600 for the quarter. That's a lot less than I thought it would be! (Which means, I get to keep most of the money I have invested in stocks at E-trade!

Well, it's the start of a new week, and I only take off work when it rains. I know, I know, I'd make more money if I worked in the rain; but, right now, my car is not in shape to be driving in the cold rain. I have no de-fog, heat or air in my car. I am bundling up just to sit in my car all day and drive!

I see a new car in my future, though!

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!