Saturday, August 31, 2019

Otis and Milo Take a Ride

Today I sat at home waiting for a customer to show up to pick up her Avon. She never showed up. She forgot and was on her way out of town when I contacted her.

Lesson learned. I could have been out getting phone numbers, but I didn't know what time she would show up. So, I told her when she got ready to receive her Avon and she knows she'll be at home, tell me where she lives and I'll bring it to her.

From now on, I get addresses to go with the orders. No more waiting for someone who doesn't show up.

But, it was not a non-productive day!

I took the time I had to make the rest of my call-backs. I also received several phone calls from customers who wanted to know where their order was. (It doesn't come in until next Thursday, unless they don't have the product available...)

I was able to bring my order up another $40. And, I made plans for a few more deliveries for tomorrow in Texarkana.

I had to go to the store today for an item, and I asked the baby-dogs, my chihuahas, Milo and Otis, "Do you want to go bye bye with Momma?"

They ran, excited to the front door. I opened the door and they immediately rant out the door ahead of me to go sniffing around the yard until I got the car door opened. Then, they both jumped in the car.

As I drove out of the drive, I saw one of my neighbors walking down the drive with his Burger King uniform on. I stopped and said, "Are you going to work?" He confirmed. I told him to hop in the back seat, and I drove him to work.

Otis and Milo greeted the stranger who was a friend they hadn't met yet, in their eyes. I commanded them to "Leave the guy alone! Sit down and be still! He has to go to work!"

When I got to Burger King, the guy said thank you and added, "You sound like us when we are talking to our kids." I said, "They are my babies!"

Then, Otis started talking to me as I drove on to my original destination. "Yes, Otis. We are going bye-bye!" "Yes, Otis, we will be there in a minute. Sit down and be quiet!"

Milo, on the other hand, was happy looking out the window, watching us pass by everything. Both of them were smiling.

I can tell when they are smiling. Their mouths are wide, and they pant with their toungues hanging slightly from their mouths.

When we got back home, I told them, "Go in the house!" They ran to the door and waited for me to come open it for them.

I don't get to take them out very often, so they consider it a special treat when they get to go bye-bye with Momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!