Thursday, August 1, 2019

Cucumbers and Avon

Hello, World!

I woke up around 1 PM (I stay up late nights to work on the computer...) and I got bathed and dressed for the day. I packed up my car and then was on my way to Texarkana to make a delivery and do some door knocking. As I neared Hooks, I received a phone call from a friend who said she had some cucumbers for me. I told her, "Oh, WOW! Thanks, but I'm on my way to Texarkana right now. I have a delivery to make. You can sit them on my door step if you want!" Then I told her how to find my house.

She said I gave good directions. LOL

When I got to Texarkana with my delivery, the lady I was delivering to wasn't home. It was still a little early, so I called and left a message for her to call me when she got home, that I was in the neighborhood, knocking on doors.

The first house I came to, the man wanted some of the Skin-so-Soft I had with me. But he couldn't buy it until next week. So I took down his information and scheduled a visit for next week.

The next house I came to was an older lady. She was eager to get a book, but unable to order today. I showed her a bottle of my Skin-so-Soft and explained that I was selling them for just $7.00 and she immediately went to her purse to get some money for it.

Then, my customer I was delivering to called. I delivered the Avon and collected the money then went back to do some more door knocking. After knocking on doors for two blocks, I went to Taco Tico to cool off for a bit. Then, I returned to where I left off to continue my work. I gave out about ten books and had two phone numbers at around 6 PM. I decided I needed one more phone number (to fulfill the "Power of Three") when a Facebook friend I had helped out with information about how to obtain much needed groceries that she badly needed and had heard about me from a friend, called.

After playing phone tag on messenger, I was finally able to stay connected long enough to get her address. She was in Wake Village, just around the corner from where I was, so I made the trip over there.

I misread the house number I had written down and went to the wrong address. When the lady answered the door, I mentioned the name of the lady I was intending to see. She said, "Oh no, she doesn't live here. But I think she lives on this street somewhere. What are you selling?"

I told her I was an Avon Independent Sales Rep. I asked her if she wanted a book, and then I took down her information to make a call back. Wallah! Number three...but I still needed to see my friend.

I realized I had read the address wrong and finally made it to the right house. She hugged my neck and said how delighted she was to finally meet me. She told her fiance' who was there with her, "This girl saved my life!" She said she finally asked for my assistance after five different people told her that she should meet me.

"Am I really that famous?" I laughed. She said, "Apparently SO!"

She bought two of my Skin-So-Soft bottles. I came home with $40 more than I left home with this morning, and one order, 3 new phone numbers and about 8 addresses to do call backs on.

Not a bad day.

When I got home, there was a bucket of cucumbers waiting for me.

I am so blessed!

Hope yours is too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!