Tuesday, August 20, 2019

In the Galleria


Texarkana has an area out on Richmond Road, in what used to be an area called "Richmond Ranch", that we call "The Galleria" today. It is where all the shops in town converge.

I guess since most businesses found it too expensive to remain confined to the Texarkana Mall, they all moved over there in the business park. On the other side of Richmond Road is Super One Foods, Sam's Club and a few more shops.

I haunted that area today giving out Avon Books and collecting phone numbers for Campaign 19.

I gave out about 25 books and took down 10 phone numbers. Then, I had about 50 books left that weren't labeled for me to give out. So, about 5:30 PM, I came home to label my books and rest.

While I was out there, I had one prospective customer give me her number and say, "I just want to tell you, I have a LOT of respect for anyone who will go out and beat the pavement in this heat!"

I answered, saying, "I got bills to pay just like everyone else. This is my job. I work it!"

She shook my hand and said, "I can see that!"

Avon isn't just a hobby to me. It's a career. And, just like any job, it requires me to go out and actually work it. If I sit at home, my business will slow to a crawl and I'll lose my customers. I can't wait for customers find me. I have to go where the customers are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!