Friday, August 9, 2019

Being God's Hands and Feet as I sell Avon

As I was sitting in the apartment complex parking lot where I was delivering to two different apartments, a lady and her husband walked by. I held an Avon book out the window and said, "Do you need an Avon Lady?"

She walked over to my car, saying, "Yes, Ma'am! I need some Skin-So-Soft!"

I told her I had some available right now if she wanted it. She said she didn't have the money on her right now. I asked her if she wanted me to call her before I put my next order in. She said, "Please do!"

I made my last delivery at 4 PM. I had planned to go out and canvass at Wal-mart, giving out books and getting phone numbers for call-backs, but it looks like it is about to storm. I doubt I'll be able to tonight.

I am completely out of Campaign 18 books. I have two boxes of Campaign 19 books. I'm definitely going to have to order more books next campaign!

Last night I got another order from a family member...they are slowly trickling in for this campaign!

One of my deliveries is to an older lady who barely gets around. She lives in a big house all alone, and she loves Avon. I think she loves the visits more. I promised her I would be in touch with her every campaign. She said she felt like the other Avon Ladies forgot about her, because the last time she ordered, she never saw the lady again. It makes me feel like Avon is as much mission work for the Lord as it is making a living!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!