Monday, February 26, 2024

Jesus, Fried Chicken and Good Earnings

Good evening, World!

There was a gentleman that walked up from his wife's rehab to get a cup of coffee at the EZ Mart. The lady at the counter had already run off one guy who came to loiter.

So when he sat down at the door to rest before he went in, he was warned by another customer. He explained that he was coming from the rehab and he would be walking back he just wanted to rest before he got a cup of coffee.

I went in to use the restroom.

When I came back I told him that if he would get his cup of coffee I would take him back to the rehab and he wouldn't have to walk. I explained that I was an Uber driver.

He went in and got his coffee and came back and asked me if I minded. I told him no, that's what I'm out here for. I'm doing the Lord's work.

I gave him the number to go go grandparent so that he would be able to get a ride anytime he needed it.

The conversation in the car was worth having. All the way around.

This is why I do what I do.

I learned, years ago, that we should LOOK FOR opportunities to serve Jesus. We shouldn't just hope something lands in our lap. That rarely happens.

So, I saw this gentleman as an opportunity, and I took it. I'm glad I did.

I also bought a microwavable bowl, a paring knife, a big spoon to stir my tea with, and three spoons for just $5.51 at the Dollar tree.

I had an awesome day driving for Uber and Lyft today. I made about $150 in less than eight hours.

And, I ordered some fried chicken for supper tonight.

I know I shouldn't have it, but after yesterday...well, I caved.

I did good in the stock market today. I pray every day is at least as good. That is what is paying my bills right now, and helping me save for a new car eventually.

Now, I'm fixing to turn on some TV, eat my chicken and relax the rest of the night!

THIS is the abundant life!

Ya'll have a blessed night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!