Monday, February 19, 2024

Genesis 1:6-8

Genesis 1:6-8

6And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
7And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
8And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

God created every part of me. And, I am a part of the body of Christ. Each part in the body has a purpose.

If I choose not to do God's will, then I am but a dead limb on the tree that get pruned and cast aside.

John 15:1-2

1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. 2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

According to the Oxford Languages Dictionary, the word "purge" means

"rid (someone or something) of an unwanted quality, condition, or feeling"

So, all the parts of me that are not useful for God's purposes are slowly being torn away...

And, no one said it would be painless.

God divides the good from the bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!