Thursday, October 3, 2019

Chastity Vs. Lust

Jesus said that if you lust after someone then you've already committed adultery with them in your heart.

If that is true (which, if Jesus said it, I believe it, that settles it) then how do you keep from sinning? I don't believe it's possible.

I know for sure that if that is true, then it doesn't matter how many times I say "I haven't had sex in 5 years", I've had sex, never-the-less. LOL

So, I can't see how I am any better than I was before, when I was having sex -- I only feel "safer" now that I am not having sex physically.

But, even so, I realize that my vision has cleared up a lot. I'm able to see people for what's in their heart when sex is taken out of the equation. I can smell someone who wants to take advantage of me a mile away.

However, lust has it's own "blinders". It makes you want what you know you can't have. It makes you almost willing to do anything and compromise anything to get it.

I realize how really weak I am when I approach that animal. That cute furry critter who's name is "Lust" is most likely to bite me if I reach my hand out to pet him; but the temptation is so strong...

I know, at some point, I'm going to fall.

All I can do is ask for forgiveness for being human.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!