Thursday, October 17, 2019

Sufficient Grace

If there is anything I've learned in the past few months on Facebook, it's that there are some battles that should be fought silently. To publicize it complicates it.

I have been one to post about my days and all my battles for the world to see, because I felt I had nothing to hide. But, what I have learned about myself is that everyone has things to hide from the world that belong to you and God alone. After all, only God can get you straightened up.

And, only God knows what He is doing in any situation; And, good or bad, it is not for the world to judge your character. All you can do is be the best YOU you can be in front of them, and let God have the worst that is in you to do as He wills.

I have learned that I am more than the good days, weeks and years. I am the bad ones, too. And, as much as I'd like to be, I am certainly not perfect and not worthy of being called a "Saint" in the traditional, worldly, sense of the word.

I do know that no matter how much I pray, some battles are meant to be lost. God has a way of humbling those who think they are mighty in any situation.

I think Paul, in the Bible, knew how I feel.

And, I praise God that His Grace is sufficient, even for me.

2 Corinthians 12

6 For though I would desire to glory, I shall not be a fool; for I will say the truth: but now I forbear, lest any man should think of me above that which he seeth me to be, or that he heareth of me.

7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.

9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!