Sunday, October 6, 2019

I will gladly strive...

Hello, World!

I guess since I already messed up today by sleeping late, I might as well make the best of the rest of my day.

I may not be able to go to church, but I can still spend my time in prayer and with Jesus and in reflection.

Speaking of reflection:

This year really hasn't been a bad year. It's probably not one of the best years I've had (that was last year), but I really can't complain too much.

I started out the year learning a new job that I never thought I would be working or even that I would like doing. For the first time in my life I was proud of where I was and who I had become.

At times, it wore on me as I fought to stay the person that God had led me to become. It was mentally taxing and I wasn't really sure if it was a fight that was meant for me.

So, God used my imperfect judgement to take it all away, and He opened doors that I thought had been closed in order for me to have hope and survive.

I've seen so many doors opened for me that I thought had been closed this year for good. And if God can open a closed door, then maybe all hope is not lost and I'll find myself back where I was at the beginning of the year next year.

Because as I said in yesterday's post, I have learned that nothing is final.

This year I have come into contact with people that I thought was a permanent part of my past and had no place in my future. But God has shown me that relationships are as much His to build as they are my responsibility to maintain.

Life is a struggle. Living it and embracing the struggle with all your might is what makes the American dream come alive! And, it's what makes me proud to be who I am.

I don't know where I'm going to end up next year but I know God has blessed me this year. I know He blessed me this morning to be able to wake up and look at the beautiful day ahead. He has open the doors of heaven and looked down from his throne and told me, "Shonda, my child, I love you!"

And, looking back, I can almost hear Him whisper, "Just wait. The best is yet to come! Watch what I can do!"

So, no matter what troubles I have today, and no matter how uncertain my future seems right now, I know that God is in control and everything's going to be alright. And I know He has a reason for everything. So, if my struggles are meant to give me a life more abundant then I will gladly strive.

Have a blessed day!


1 comment:

  1. God is the Author of Creation, but also He is the Author of Redemption.
    "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life, no man cometh unto the Father, but by me" Jh. 14:6.
    May the Lord richly bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!