Thursday, October 24, 2019

God Bless The Broken Road

When someone that you truly love breaks your heart, you don't stop loving them. You love them anyway, if you truly loved them to begin with.

Most of the time, when people get their hearts broken, they lash out at the person who broke their heart. They get mean and nasty. They hurl insults, or they just cut them off and write them out of their lives.

I look back at some of my heartbreaks and I see people who are not perfect. Some of them are even more imperfect than others. But all of us are imperfect.

I have decided, I love them all, anyway. And because of that, even though it didn't work out, I have some really great friends.

You see, when you truly love somebody, you carry them with you for the rest of your life. You might give them, and yourself, time for the dust to settle down, but truly loving someone means that you also accept that what you want from them, you just can't have, or what they want from you, you just can't give.

That's when you Love like Jesus does, and you give them the opportunity to also love you. You should never close the door on an opportunity to Love like Jesus does, because only Jesus can repair burned bridges; and, only Jesus can decide which ones to restore.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!