Sunday, September 25, 2022

Letting God Lead Me

When I first started working for the apps as a self-employed Courier and taxi driver, I was desperate to make money to pay my bills. However, I recognized that no matter what I did, my success or failure will depend on the will of the Lord.

I got on my knees and I asked him for guidance. I promised him that if he brought me out of the current situation that I was in financially, I would do whatever I could to make sure that he got the glory for all of it.

God did not fail me. I am content to let him lead. I'm not asking for a whole lot just enough to keep me from worrying about the future.

One of the things I have learned is that the more money I make, the more it needs to be managed. And, the more effort I make to manage it costs me more. For example, I had to invest in QuickBooks on a monthly basis. I have to make sure that my car is well maintained on a monthly basis. I had to invest in a better working phone than the one I had. I had to buy a new computer. And overtime there were other smaller expenses that accumulated.

It's nice to be able to make more money than I have ever made before, I just wish that I could get to keep all of the money that I make.

A lot of people will tell me that I should go and find a better job or another job that doesn't cost so much, but the truth is no matter what job I get the more money I have the more money I'm going to have to spend. That's life. And the only reason you make money is so you can spend it.

God let me enjoy life at a whole new level though. I was eating in places I've never eaten before, traveling to places I've never been, meeting people I've never met, and giving people advice on a regular basis from what I've learned. I found that I enjoyed this new life that I started Living.

So if I have to weigh it between the security of having a 40 hour a week work week working for someone else and doing what I love to do on a daily basis that I'm doing right now, I choose the way things are right now. At least I enjoy my life. I couldn't do that if I were committed to someone else and making them money trying to survive myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!