Saturday, February 22, 2020

God of Miracles

Hello, World!

It's been about five days since I posted last on my blog here. Figured I would catch you up on my goings on...

I finally received my tax refund. WooHOO! But, the reimbursement for my fines that I paid for the Individual Mandate on insurance in 2017 and 2018 was not included.

I called the lady who did my taxes for me, and she explained that she has me on a list of people to call as soon as she is able to get the forms, because I have to file a claim to be reimbursed. So, now I am just waiting for her call. I'm looking at getting back another $800 when I file.

I went to my mom's to pay off the loan she gave me. I did not realize I had borrowed as much as I did, but it is paid off, none-the-less.

I have two more loans to pay off, and as soon as one comes home from vacation, she'll get hers. As soon as I can get stamps (Monday) I'll mail off the last one. WooHOO! THAT is SUCH a weight off my back!

Now to get rid of these hospital bills...

I am ready for warmer weather. I plan to take my computer and my Avon bucket OUT OF THE HOUSE more once the weather warms a bit. In the mean time, I am selling a little here and there. Yesterday, I collected $40 worth of sales out of my bucket and order deliveries.

I have more to do on Monday. I have a total of $150 worth of deliveries this campaign.

BTW, Monday and Tuesday are my days off this week. So, I'll be taking care of business on those days for sure!

Last week, someone drove their car through the wall and window at my job, the Pitt Grill, where I work. A friend sent me a photo of it and I immediately went into panic mode and called my boss, who assured me it would be taken care of before I got to work that night; and, yes, I still had a job. No one was seriously injured (THANK GOD!)

We had an elderly gentleman, 97 years old, who is a regular who likes to sit with his family at the table where the driver came through. That morning, someone else was occupying that table. My boss, Miss Julie, directed him to sit at another table. Had he been sitting there when the incident happened, he might not have survived it. God was looking out for him that morning for sure! And, he KNEW it! The poor man was in tears, blocked in his booth until they could clear the rubble; but, he was unhurt!

You can't tell me miracles don't happen. I'm still praying for mine!

Yesterday, they finally repaired the wall back to it's original condition with new brick. Until then, they had it cheaply boarded up so we could continue business. We are still waiting on a window and a new door.

Well, most of my friends are celebrating Mardi Gra. Ya'll stay safe. I have to work, so I'm sticking close to home.

Have a blessed day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!