Friday, January 24, 2020

My Three Day Weekend

Hello, World!

I've had a great few days off so far.

Today, I mailed off all of my Avon catalogs. And, I learned that mailing off the full brochure is not something I would like to do in the future. It costs me $1.90 just to mail each catalog. Each Catalog costs about .33 cents. Each envelope costs .10 cents. So, you are looking at a cost of
$2.33/customer.

HOWEVER, if I mail off one mini-catalog, the total cost is .69/customer.

So, from now on, I will only be mailing off the mini-catalogs. If any of my customers want to see the full catalog, they can go online, OR they can order something out of the mini-catalog and I will give them a full catalog with their order. OR, they can come get one from me personally.

I mailed off to about 50 customers today. The clerk at the Post Office said, "Wouldn't it be cheaper to give it to them personally?" I answered her with, "Sure, if they were all ordering. However, it costs me about a tank and a half of gas to deliver each catalog. So, the cost is about the same right now. She agreed.

Personally, I think the .75 service charge needs to be raised, when you consider how many catalogs a customer gets before they order.

My "Gypsy" son finally called to check in. It sure made me sigh with relief to know he is still alive and well after several months not hearing from him. He has the worst luck keeping up with his phones.

I miss my baby boy. I have no idea what is going on with him. He has disappeared off of Facebook and I have NO way to contact him.

Today, I got a new haircut. I really like it. It is short and easy to maintain. And, it looks cute.

It's been so cold in my house because I don't have central heat or air. I've moved a space heater into my room and shut the doors. It keeps me warm enough, but going into the kitchen for a glass of tea nearly freezes my behind off. The housework is just going to have to wait until it's warmer...LOL

Prayers please for the officers at Telford Prison in New Boston. They have a VERY dangerous job. It is NOT easy babysitting grown monsters who would just as soon put you in the ground than do what it takes to rehabilitate.

I've been there. Just walking through those doors each day to go to work requires a LOT of courage. I am blessed to have worked with some REALLY GREAT people there.

Each day, there is a chance someone won't make it home.

The other day, a couple of officers almost didn't. Thankfully, due to the training and dedication of their co-workers, they were on the scene quick enough that these officers were saved. I have seen first-hand how quickly these men and women come to the aid of one of their own.

And, I thank God for those who keep our community safe from those who would perpetuate evil among us if given a chance!

Ya'll have a blessed day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!