Sunday, January 7, 2024

Church versus Church Building

I just got blocked on somebody's website who is telling them that they need to go to church in order to be a good Christian.

She accused me of having a hard heart. Anyone who knows me knows that I do not have a hard heart.

If I did I wouldn't have taken offense at that.

But, I simply reminded her that going to church does not make you a Christian. My God is not displeased with me when I don't go to church. He is displeased with me when I don't act like I am a part of the church.

I will never tell anyone that they have to go to church in order to be a Christian. I will tell them they have to follow Jesus. I will never tell someone they have to go to church in order to learn God's word. I will, however, tell them that they have to read the Bible to learn God's word.

The church building is for those who need extra counseling. Some people do not like continuing their week without at least one day at the church in worship and praise alongside others who are there for the same reason. It is also for those who have questions that need answers about the Bible. The best place to get those answers is a Bible believing Church.

Some people are called to work inside the church building for that purpose. But not all people are called to the same. Everyone has a different calling.

Jesus said "Where two or more gathered together in my name there will I be also." Assembling with others does not have to be 100 people. It can only be you and one person in the car who are glorifying and praising the Lord together. It can be me and my passengers stopping to pray over their needs when they ask for it.

My church is wherever Jesus is. And He is not trapped in a church building.

Not one time in the whole Bible did Jesus ever say to go to church. His ministry was based on teaching believers how to BE the church.

I will never tell anyone not to go to church. But I will never tell them that going to church is the mark of a good christian.

And I am very appalled at the number of so-called Christians out there who are very adamant that if you are not going to church you are not a true Christian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!