Thursday, January 11, 2024

Avocados, Tires, Cigarettes, and Back Seat Drivers

Good evening, World!

I got this rental car so that I wouldn't be as stressed as I have been over working.

However, today was probably the most stressful day I've had in a while!

I woke up at 4:00 a.m. this morning, and the gauge was reading that I needed a tire rotation. I thought to myself, that can't be right because I just got the vehicle! And I don't even have a voucher yet.

I reset the gauge so that it reads that a tire rotation isn't due for another 5,000 MI.

Then the little exclamation light came on and said that my tires were low on pressure.

Crap!

I found the nearest discount Tire and went to go get my tires aired up and had them check the tires while they were at it. They informed me that I needed two new tires on the front. The reading for the tires was in the red. It was way past time and nearing the danger level.

I am 40 miles away from the Hertz rental car center. So I tried to call them, but I was told that the number did not exist. I was not going to pay for two new tires out of my own pocket, and I needed a voucher to get it done. So, I drove there, praying the whole way.

I got to the rental office, and all of their computer systems were down, and they had no idea when it was going to come back up. But I was assured that it usually doesn't take more than an hour or so. So I waited around.

After about an hour, the young man at the desk came over to me and told me that truthfully they just don't know when it's going to come back up and he can't give out any vouchers until it does, but, I could call this number that he gave me and they could fix one up and email it to me.

He could have told me that an hour before that!

So I called the number and I got the voucher and I went back to Denton to the Discount Tire that had told me I needed two new tires.

It took about an hour and a half for them to finally get me serviced. By then it was about 1:00 p.m.

Once again, half of my day had been wasted on maintenance. This time on a vehicle that I didn't even own. LOL

Once the tires were fixed, I drove to Walmart because I was out of tea. I had to park quite a ways away because the parking lot was so full. I got my tea, which was regular sweet tea and not extra sweet tea because they didn't have the extra sweet tea. But any tea is good tea, as long as it's sweet, in my book. LOL

I got a phone call from a bill collector, who is wanting me to pay a past due medical bill. It was only $60 and they had been trying to call me for a while. So I went ahead and paid it since I have the money. She asked me if there was anything she could help me with after that, I said, "nope. Except, I would like for you to stop calling me. LOL" and yes, she laughed.

I also bought some basic necessities that I was out of that I didn't get the other day. Hopefully I'm fixed up for a while.

Then I went and ate at the Cotton patch. It was really good food. I was especially impressed with their fried Green tomatoes. But, I had asked for an avocado bacon cheeseburger that was on the menu. When I got the burger it had no avocado on it. When I told the waiter, he said the avocado only comes on it if you request it.

Duh! Did I not ask for an avocado bacon cheeseburger? Is that not requesting avocado? He only got a dollar tip.

Then I finally went to work. There were back to back Lyft rides. Half of them canceled on me before I could get to them. And I kept working myself closer and closer to the Dallas area. 

By the time I got halfway to Dallas, Lyft navigation went crazy. I'm in a town that I do not know the roads, and I have to listen to her. But she was so confusing! I could be sitting there at the light and she would tell me, "turn right. Go 150 ft turn left. Turn right, then turn left", and I hadn't even moved yet. I had no idea which way to go! And the passengers I had in my backseat did not speak English.

I finally got them where they wanted to go and then I picked up a guy going to Love Field airport. When he got in the car I told him I was so glad that he spoke English because I needed a backseat driver! I explained to him why it took me so long to find him, and asked him to help me with navigation.

He pulled out his Google. He was telling me what Lane to go into and where to turn, warning me not to listen to her on the app, and then he said, "I am so sorry for being a backseat driver! I know I'm bad!"

I exclaimed, "No! Don't apologize! I need you to be a backseat driver! You hear what I'm going through? LOL"

Normally I hate backseat drivers. But I really appreciated him. And he even tipped me $10.

After I dropped him off I came back to Denton. It was an hour drive. How did I end up that far away so quick?

I'm done for the day. You'll be glad to know that I did not break down and buy a pack of cigarettes, even though I wanted to really bad.

So I think I'm going to sit here for the rest of the night and just relax.

I've made all but $77 that I need to pay for my rental. 

Y'all have a blessed night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!