Sunday, May 26, 2019

The Greatest Salesman in the World

Hello, World.

I've been battling the spirit of depression for the last couple of months, so I am asking for prayers.

I have prayed, read the Bible, tried to focus on other things, cleaned my home, loved on my baby dogs, and worked on my websites. I've even prepared myself to go out and sell Avon.

I haven't been sitting still...but I haven't been applying myself either.

So, I started listening to motivational, self-help stuff on YouTube, etc.

The first motivational book I listened to was Og Mandino's "The Greatest Salesman in the World."

When I went to college for office procedures when I was younger, this book and "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu were required reading. I read "The Art of War", but never got around to "The Greatest Salesman". I don't know what took me so long.

This book details a really motivational story of a man who lived back during the period of Christ, who desired to be a great salesman. Success was his motivation.

In it were great tips on how to be a great salesman, detailed by dedication, persistence, courage and determination. To go where others won't go, to do what others find tedious, to focus on the task at hand, and to remember where you came from, remaining humble, as you rise in success by giving and being generous to others.

I look at my life until now and I see all those traits -- up until now. It's time to get back on that horse and ride.

So, I'm sharing what I learned today in the link provided as suggested reading. If you are a Christian, you will enjoy the story.

Monday is Memorial Day. Tuesday my second Avon order goes in. I have failed, in the past campaign, to order my business supplies: order books, brochure covers, call-back notes, bags, etc. So, along with more brochures, and more Avon, I have ordered all these.

On Thursday, I will receive all my supplies, and then I will start getting serious about selling Avon, and becoming the Greatest Salesman in the World for God.

In the meantime, I have distributed information to over 500 people, on and off the internet as to how to order Avon from me. It's a start...but it's going to take more than that to make it work.

My sleep hours are finally getting back to normal. I am looking forward to the challenge.

Have a blessed day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!