Sunday, May 26, 2019

Failure is not an Option

Today is the first day of the rest of my life. Today, I will not think of yesterday and all of my failures.

I have prayed for success, and God has given me an opportunity to succeed. My future depends on the decisions I make today. I choose to live today as if it is my last -- giving all I have to the task at hand, and being thankful that God has given me the task to do and made me able to accomplish it.

I will not be afraid of taking steps I have not taken before, of meeting people I have not met, or of experiencing things I have not experienced. They are all gifts from God. I will be thankful that I get to do it.

I will see problems as a challenge, and obstacles as an opportunity to learn.

I will not be afraid of failure, for I will not fail. With God, all things are possible, and even if the road I take leads me in a different direction than the one I intended to go, I will consider it God's will and God's direction in my life. I will look forward to arriving at the place God intends for me to be.

By the end of the day, I will go to bed knowing that I have accomplished something -- whether it is simply taking out the trash, washing dishes, or meeting someone who will change my life for the better. I will reflect on something I have done to be the blessing that God intends for me to be -- whether it be helping an old lady cross the street, or offering encouragement to someone who needs it.

I cannot receive God's blessings if I do not reach out my hand so He can hand it to me. So, I will not remain where I am today. I will go out and search for it. I will work for it. I will give myself to God through my words and deeds.

I will be all God intends for me to be with each moment of today, and I will succeed, even if I fail to accomplish my goals. Even if I fail to make my quota, even if I fail to reach the destination I choose for today, I will end the day in peace, knowing that I did not fail Him. And, for that, I can rest with the assurance that He will not fail me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!