Saturday, July 30, 2016

Spaghetti

7/29/16 (The day before)
Came home and Liz (My live-in maid/roommate) has my house decorated with pictures and what nots. She said, "I didn't cook tonight." I said, "That's okay, I ate at Denny's." LOL Then she asked me, "Will you cook spaghetti tomorrow night?" I said, "Do we have the stuff?" She said, "No." I said, "So I have to go to the store tomorrow to get Spaghetti stuff?" She said, "That's why I asked." Sigh...she likes my spaghetti. LOL...so we're having spaghetti tomorrow. Just because she asked.She doesn't ask for much.



Ain't it pretty

Back in 2005, in my younger more stupid years, I used to own a bar. I ran it for about 9 months. Long enough for it to birth out what was going to become of me so that God could later be glorified.

Anyway, I had a spaghetti dinner one night. I made the spaghetti. There was a LOT of it.

Not many people came by that night, so at the end of the night, there was still a LOT of spaghetti left.

I knew the Banshees MC was hanging out at their clubhouse that night, and quite a few would be there. So, I called them up. I told them who I was and asked them if they were hungry.

"Yeah, a little." was the reply.

I told them I had a lot of Spaghetti left and asked them if I could bring it to them.

They agreed.

When I got there, I set everything up. They had to provide some of the dishes...but hey...

Then I sat back and watched as every last bite of my spaghetti disappeared.

One of them went back three times. I asked him, "Are you enjoying that?"

"It's the best ******* spaghetti I've ever ate in my LIFE!"

I thoroughly enjoyed that night. And, it brought me some business, later.

Liz was my bartender back then. I think she remembered it. Maybe that is why she asked for it.

When I was only 14 years old, I used to hang out with three friends. I dated one and my friend Malissa dated one. So, every outing was like a double date. We did lots of things together: bonfires in the middle of a hay field, sitting around the fire playing guitar and drinking wine...horseback riding at the lake. I think we went skating once. I even got them to agree to go to church...once. LOL

On Sundays, we'd hang out and watch wrestling. One Sunday, my mom made spaghetti. My friends still talk about it today. It's where I got the recipe. My mom.

And, there are nothing but good memories surrounding Spaghetti!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!