Friday, November 27, 2020

One Step Away

Sometimes you just have to realize that it's time to lean back, accept reality and embrace the present. To focus on what might be in light of what has been seems redundant and a waste of time. It is then that you become one step away from where you are supposed to be.

What might be will never be, what has been is gone. What is REAL is the present. Plan from the present one baby step at a time instead of 10 giant steps that may trip before you get there. You will find that disappointment is far less likely to happen, and when it does, it's easier to recover.

I will not spend my life wanting, hoping, working for something that is unobtainable. I see, right now, what I can have, and I am reaching only for that. When I get it, I will reach for the next thing. Each step I take will lead me right where I'm supposed to be.

In one year I plan to look back and see the giant step I've taken to get there, rather than look forward to the miles ahead of me.

And, I will feel victorious, once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!