Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Rule # 6 in Direct Selling: Be Consistent

I worked at a restaurant one time with an older lady who was well beyond retirement age. I was no spring chicken, but still had quite a few years left in me. Most of my co-workers were very young people just starting their journey in life on their own. Energy was rampant with them.

One of the complaints I heard often was that the older lady was "so slow." Younger people tend to not have the patience that I had learned in my experienced years already. Yet, before she finished her shift every day, the older lady had all of her work done. Always.

She was also dependable and on time every day.

We knew that we could always count on her because she was "consistent". And, consistency is FAR MORE IMPORTANT than speed.

In direct sales, this rule is no different. Your customers want to buy from someone who can be depended on to deliver. They want someone they can trust -- and that takes consistency.

So, whenever you are having a bad day and a regular customer calls you to make an order, you should ALWAYS present yourself with the same energy that won them over to you in the first place.

This builds trust and nurtures the relationships you grow to have over time with your customers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!