Monday, January 15, 2018

Road Trip

I took a REALLY long trip in my car (with no heat, no air and no defogger) with my oldest son to Nocona, TX to see my baby boy. It was an adventure.

What can be harder than driving up 82 all the way to Nocona, right? Just a straight shot. Well, leave that to me to mess that up.

When I got to Paris, I noticed that the Paris High School was set off in what seemed like the middle of nowhere. I commented on it. I made no turns, just kept driving. About 35 minutes later, I noted out loud, again, "Hey, there is the Paris High School. It's in the middle of nowhere." DEJA VU! I said, "BRYANT! Didn't I see this about half an hour ago?" He sat up in his seat. I said, "BRYANT, WHY AM I SEEING THIS AGAIN?""

He said, "I don't know, mom. Where did you make a wrong turn."

I said, feeling REAL disconcerted, "I didn't."

We were on the loop that circles Paris. When we found HWY 82 West and got back on the right track again (after a wasted 40 minutes and an 8th of a tank of gas), we started laughing hysterically. I was laughing so hard I was crying. I almost had to pull the car over.

Now THAT was an adventure!

When I made it to Nocona, I found my son and we visited, talked, I made sure he was okay, and started looking in his cupboards to see what he was eating...(I'm a mom who wants to make sure her kid has groceries). Being the young bachelor he is, there was nothing but bread, chicken noodle soups and weiners in the fridge, sandwich stuff, a few small quick fixes...

I said, "All you have is..." and I named them. Bryant said, "Yeah, mom, looks just like your stash." LOL

Laughing again...I felt silly.

We went and got pizza, then went back to his place, visited, and then I gave him a hug with stern instructions to call me if he needs anything.

"Mom, you know I don't use the phone."

"THEN FACEBOOK. YOU KNOW HOW TO GET ME!"

Then, it was a long, cold, uneventful trip back.

I am glad to be home, and VERY HAPPY I got to see my baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!