Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Plans and Hopes...

The restaurant where I work is going to be having a remodel holiday. This means that I work tonight, then I am off for 2 days, then I work for 3 days, then on Sunday I am going to go see my baby boy. I will not have to be back at work until Friday, if everything goes as planned.

My oldest son will be going with me. So, I will get to see both of my boys together for the first time in a while. Of course it will only be for a few hours, because I will be coming back home to get ready to go see an old friend of mine I haven't seen since my youngest son was a baby.

I had planned to go see another friend of mine that I haven't seen since I was in 3rd grade, unfortunately I don't think that's going to work out.

It will just have to wait until the next I have a few days to spare.

Sigh.

Today I got my W-2 for my current job. I just need my W2 for my previous job so I can do my taxes for the year. This year is going to be great, because I will have my student loan paid off, and we'll get the keep some of my refund. It will be the first time I get money back in over 10 years.

They say that as you get older, life gets easier. I'm not sure if it gets easier, or if I've just learned to live it better. I do know that I am happier and more content. I haven't stopped Dreaming or hoping (it would still be nice to win the lottery -- but then I can't win if I don't play, and I just can't seem to bring myself to spend the money on a ticket that has a one-in-a-billion chance of winning), I've just learned that the Lord blesses who He will bless when He thinks the time is right. In the meantime I've learned what it means to wait upon the Lord.

I can't wait to lay eyes on my baby boy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!