Monday, August 8, 2016

Day 1: Smoke Free!

12:35 PM
Around 6 hours ago, I smoked my last cigarette. Since I have never read anyone's account of what happens when one quits smoking, I figured I'd write my own.

My heart rate and blood pressure should be close to normal levels right about now.

I woke up, (I'm a day sleeper) prayed hard, and yes, I wanted a cigarette. I got a candy apple sucker instead. That helped.

I am dreading going to work without a cigarette. Or, maybe I am dreading it because it will be so easy to bum one...

I have been smoking since I was 14 years old. Quitting is not going to be easy. AND, I am doing it cold turkey.

I have a lot of withdrawal to look forward to.

My roommate left the house. On purpose. She doesn't want to deal with me as I go through withdrawal. LOL. She said she'd either be gone a few days, or be asleep when I come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!