Wednesday, June 1, 2016

He's having the time of my life...

I love the life that God has blessed me with today.

I remember a time when I dreaded not having a relationship with a man. After this last relationship, I determined to give it to God, and take a break from bad relationships. I figured the only way I was ever going to have what I wanted was to depend on God to help me get it for myself.

Since I made that decision, I have become aware that every decision I make now doesn't need validation by a "partner". If God doesn't object to it, then whatever I decide will work out. And, if He DOES object, I have learned to accept it, and to embrace the situation for what it is and look for another doorway to somewhere better.

Today, I went and spent money that I normally would not spend to eat at Red Lobster...by myself...with Jesus in my heart. As I sat there enjoying my meal, another waitress (not my own) started telling me about a "Hallelujah, Anyhow" experience that she had. I felt so blessed just to be there to listen. This had to be God's way of telling me, "I'm here, Shonda. Enjoy your meal. You have been faithful, and you deserve it. Stop feeling guilty."

I smiled all the way home. I had just had a date with the Master of the Universe. It was worth it.

Can't wait to see where He takes me tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!