Saturday, June 4, 2016

Appreciating Here and Now


I live each day now embracing anything that comes my way. Tomorrow, I won't have those same things coming my way. I know that. Will I look back on yesterday with regret for how I reacted, acted or let it go? I hope not. I look at each blooming bulb with wonder. How will it look when it matures? Can I help it become more beautiful?

When people look back and see me in their memories, will I be someone who burdened them, or someone who, somehow, lightened their load. Will their memories of me be good ones to cherish, or just a passing thought?

I look back on where I have been in my early years and I shudder. I would that I could introduce myself to many of those I came into contact with then and say, "Look at me now. I am not the same person...don't throw me away! It will be worth it to get to know who I've become!"

God has molded me into something beautiful. He's still working on the finer points. I still have a few rough edges to work out, but who I am today I would not trade for who I was yesterday.

And, who I am right here, right now is nothing compared to who I am becoming.

I pray that whoever I become teaches me to live even more fully in the moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!