Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Another Chance

I met a homeless guy at Burger King today.

I was on my way in to use the restroom. He said, "How are YOU today, ma'am?"

I said, "I am blessed!" and was in a hurry to get to the restroom...

He mumbled, "I'm not."

I stopped, just long enough to rebuke him and say, "YES, YOU ARE. You woke up this morning. YOU are BLESSED." Then I ran to the restroom. When I came out he was still there. I said, "You have ONE purpose in life. That is to glorify God. IF you woke up this morning, it is because God BLESSED you with a chance to do so."

Then I left.

I didn't have any cash on me. And, I'd already given my snack food to another homeless couple at a corner nearby. So, I feel I did what I should have, in telling him this.

I could tell he was thinking about it as I left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!