Monday, June 24, 2019

Divorce and Christianity

Some would say that I'm not qualified to say anything about divorce being "not okay", since I have been divorced twice. However, I believe that God is faithful and just to cleanse me from all unrighteousness and when I became a Christian and rededicated my life 6 years ago I became a totally new creature.

What is in the past is in the past and I can't change what was done, but if I had it to do all over again I never would have gotten married in the first place because I obviously wasn't ready. For either one of them.

Having said all that, the breaking up and moving on is definitely okay, so long as the platonics in the relationship are adhered by, but divorce is not.

Jesus himself said, that men were given permission to divorce due to the hardness of their hearts. That God does not approve of divorce, and would rather you be like him and be graceful and forgiving.

If you are in an abusive relationship, it is okay to separate but it is not okay to divorce. God said you shouldn't divorce. He never said you had to live with your husband or wife under such circumstances.

As I said before, breaking up and moving on before the marriage is acceptable. if you know it's not going to work there's no sense in forcing the issue, and then committing a sin with your mistake.

So my advice is, get to know the guy first. Get to know him real well. Put him to the test often. And then when you get married you can give him all you got knowing what kind of person he is.

My advice is, don't sign a contract with someone you know is going to lead you further away from God rather than to him. If he isn't everything God says a man should be in the Bible before you get married, it's a pretty good indication that he's going to be even worse after you get married.

And even if he isn't, you will never be truthfully in your heart Happy.

Just my two cents worth.

Matthew 19:3-9
Luke 16:18
1 Corinthians 7:10-17


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!