Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Who am I?


Hello, World!

I have learned the hardest part about life is becoming who you want to be, and then experiencing things that can change you.

It is a challenge to keep being the person you are in spite of the circumstances and the people around you at any given time.

Shakespeare once said, "To thine own self be true." I find this so true. If you know who you are, and what you stand for, and what values you hold dear and WHY, then nothing anyone says about you or to you should ever change who you are, or how you react to "life".

Working in a prison, I have come to reflect on who I am on a daily basis. It is not just the prisoners I have to worry about who use their judgments to attempt to attack, censor or disrespect who I am. I have learned to begin each action, reaction or response with "Who am I?" and "Who does God say that I am?"

I am a princess. This is not my home. It is not my desire to be someone I am not. I do not wish to change my home address. I do not wish to believe in the worth that other people put on me. I know my worth, and no matter where I am or who I am with at any given moment, I will ALWAYS be me.

Have a blessed day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!