Thursday, December 28, 2017

Grandma's Funeral, Christmas, Cousins and Cow's Milk

I'm already looking forward to my next two days off from work. With all the stress and drama of Christmas and Grandma's Funeral, visiting with my son (who I haven't seen in a couple of years) and family I haven't seen in forever, I don't feel like I have rested.

I took the day off yesterday to binge watch "Fear the Walking Dead" episodes, though.

I went to grandma's viewing and walked toward the casket, making my way through family I had to stop and hug along the way. I came across this good-looking guy in a maroon shirt and dark complexion and grabbed his hand (as I was in a hurry to get to the casket) and said, "Thank you for coming, it's nice to meet you" and kept going.

I met two distant cousins from the Bivens family at the casket. I remarked that grandma looked beautiful and that she looked even more healthy in that casket than she did the last time I saw her alive.

As I was making my way back out, the guy in the maroon shirt exclaimed with a smile, "You don't know who I am, do you?"

I stopped and looked at his face for a moment, and then realized who he was. I hadn't seen him in 25 or 30 years.

"OMG! TRAVIS MCRAE!" I hugged him. "I'm sorry! I DIDN'T recognize you!" He laughed at me.

He said, "Well, it's good to see you, too, even if you didn't know who I was."

Sigh...

I may not have recognized him, but I certainly remember him! We played many a game of frisbee together during the summers when I grew up in Redwater. We went swimming in a pond in the middle of February once, and he used to hunt and fish on our land during deer and squirrel season. Yes, I remember him well.

LOL

Sad that it has to be events like this that bring families closer together.

We left early. I'm sure I'll see them all today at the Funeral.

Then, I have to rest for work tonight.

After I got home, a neighbor knocked on my door and gave me a BIG gallon jar of FRESH cow's milk (just milked, with the cream on the top and all...) It was wonderful! Of course, she gave instructions that I should give her jar back when I am finished with the Milk. Wow...

I'm just not feeling it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!