Monday, December 18, 2017

Earl's Gotta Die

My ex-roommate/employee/adopted sister/live-in maid got involved in a guy who was out on the streets. Being the co-dependent that she is, she thinks she "needs someone to love her" and that she can't live without a man, and she doesn't want to live to be old alone. Hitting her mid-forties, her situation has worsened because of this train of thought -- among other things.

Me, I'm happy being single and independent. My last five-year abusive relationship was enough. I don't hate men, by any means. I celebrate a man who is truly masculine enough to fit the bill. But, I just haven't been able to find one for myself -- and, honestly, I stopped looking. To tell the truth, the thought of even being in another relationship makes me want to run and hide.

I like the fact that there is peace in my home. I come home to a quiet apartment, where I can eat what I want, watch what I want, spend as much time on the computer as I want, and, when I get paid, I spend my money the way I want. I actually HAVE money to spend now.

Best of all, there is no drama.

I hate drama.

The last time my friend, Liz, stayed with me, she had all of her stuff in my living room. I had to climb over stuff to get to my freezer. She doesn't work, so she eats what I buy without replacing it. She smokes too much. And, I can buy a pack of razors or some other feminine requirement and only get to use one or two before they are all gone. I was aggravated, and gave her a time limit to get help for herself and be gone.

She moved in with her boyfriend from the streets, into a motel room.

Apparently they ran out of money to pay the motel room with not even a week later. And, his drug problem got the better of them.

I came home from work one morning, at around 6 a.m.. I had just settled in on my computer when she called me crying because he was schitzed out and telling her not to look out the windows and putting blankets over the a/c because he was afraid the cops were coming in the motel room...she was afraid of him. I told her I wasn't going to come get her, she'd have to come here on her own I didn't need that drama. I had just got rid of her drama. (SIGH!).

She came over and said her boyfriend had her dog, and wouldn't let her get her stuff or her dog, so I told her to call the cops. He messaged her and said if the cops came, they'd find drugs in her clothes and she was going to jail, and that HE had already called the cops on her. I told her we were going to go get her stuff, to call the cops and tell them what he said because he was full of crap if he was that paranoid, he certainly didn't call no cops. I told her to tell them "All you want is to get your dog and your stuff and get out."

He then rang my telephone. I answered. He said, "Tell Liz she can come back."

I went off on him, already aggravated at the drama that wouldn't leave me alone. "How about I come with Liz and she get her dog and her stuff and come back here to stay?"

He said, "FINE!"

I hung up on him and grabbed my purse and we headed out the door. We got there and he was walking off the property. He said the door was open.

When we tried the door to the motel room, it was locked. Now I'm REALLY angry.

I told Liz to call the cops. I took off after him while Liz was talking on the phone.

They were refusing to send a cop to help her (they've had dealing with her drama before) and when Liz gave me the phone, I told that lady they better get a d*** (yes, at this point I'm REALLY angry and cussing) cop out there because I was going to chase his a** down and run him over. He was going to die.

Liz got off the phone.

Liz went from being scared of him to being scared of me. She was BEGGING me to stop the car. I couldn't find him. He'd disappeared.

It's a good thing. I don't need a cop to do my dirty work for me. Looking back, it scares me because I was actually going to run him over and then search him for the motel key.

I had tunnel vision at that point. I kept thinking about my ex and how this was no different, and how all exes like that need to die.

I couldn't find him. So, I turned the car around and went back to the motel.

We got the maintenance man to let us in. She grabbed her dog and some clothes, forgetting to get her prescriptions. Then the cops drove up. One of them who apparently new her asked her, "Liz, are you coming back after this?"

I didn't let her answer. I blurted out loudly, "If she does, she won't have me to run to for help next time." I had almost just went to jail for murder. I am not looking for a second opportunity.

Both cops laughed.

If they only knew.

All I know is that "Earl" was very smart to disappear, because I was REALLY going to kill him.

God forgive me. Now I have to forgive myself.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!