Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Pocket Full of Sunshine

Hello, World!

It's been a bit since I updated this blog, hasn't it?

Well, I returned to work at the Pitt Grill, where I am now working the day shift -- and helping to train all of the other shifts to do their job correctly. The manager left, then one assistant manager quit, then the other quit, and I just happened to be the strongest cook they had so I got promoted to day shift -- which I LOVE, by the way!

Today my boss showed me a little bit about how to count the drawers down, which, I haven't done because I am not a waitress - I'm a cook.

I splashed oil from flipping an egg into my face today. My boss just look at me when I hollered out in pain. I told him he should give me a raise for not cussing. LOL I'm just glad I had my glasses on so none of it got in my eyes.

I was afraid I would have a bubble come up on my face, but other than a little discoloration, it didn't happen. I can still feel where it burned me, but it's going to be okay.

Three days ago my computer crashed. I had to sell some of my mutual funds to ensure that I could pay my lot rent on my mobile home so I could buy a new computer -- which seemed impossible. I went to four different stores and none of them had any computers with-in my budget available. Both Walmarts were completely sold out even.

Today after work, I went back to the local Walmart and was happy to see that they actually had some computers available! I bought a Hewlett Packard Laptop.

After setting it up at home, I was finally able to place my Avon order and catch up on some work I have not been able to do online. Still got some catching up to do, but I'm done for the day.

My "imaginary friend" (I call him imaginary because I never get to see him) brought me a burn barrel to burn some yard trash in. I've been making real good use of that on an almost daily basis. Best thing I've acquired in a while, besides my computer!

And, I'm back to buying stocks again. I figure I need to start saving money for things like paying off medical bills and getting my plumbing at home fixed.

I'm in a really good place right now.

I hope I stay there.

Have a blessed day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!