Thursday, February 15, 2018

It's His Money

I always keep an envelope in my purse for my "tithes". Each day, I put a tenth of what I earn in that envelope. I haven't been going to church much lately, but that doesn't make me less of a Christian, and it doesn't mean I love Jesus any less.

But, I feel like the money I put in that envelope (just like all the other money I earn) isn't mine. It belongs to Jesus. And, when someone in need comes along it's there.

Like, for instance, when someone doesn't quite have enough change to pay for the pancakes they ordered. Or, if someone comes in my workplace and asks for gas money.

This happened the other night. A guy came in and said, "Look, I had a flat tire on my way home from work. I work at (I won't say it to protect privacy) and I don't have the money to fix my tire with. I get paid on such and such date, I'll pay you back..."

I asked him how much he needed. He said, "10 bucks"

I went to my purse, grabbed my envelope, counted out the money and gave it to him. He came back trying to give me a tool for payment. I told him to keep it. He said "Thank you." I told him,

"Thank Jesus. It was His money."

The Bible says, "When you do unto the least of these, you do also unto me."

I just gave Him what was His.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!