Friday, July 14, 2017

Storing for the Future...

WHEW!

I am beat. I've worked hard today and it is supposed to be my day off. LOL

But, I have accomplished a great deal. I boiled all but 5 of my tomatoes. I put them all in cottage cheese containers and placed the lids on them, and used labeling tape to label the containers "boiled tomatoes" with a black sharpie.

Then, I cleaned out my defrosted freezer and re-stocked my freezer with the zuchini I still have, red bell peppers I still have, and the salisbury steaks that I was blessed with today.

I now have 8 cottage cheese containers of boiled tomatoes stored for later consumption. It isn't like canned tomatoes, but it will keep for the same purpose as long as my freezer works, God-willing. If anything happens to my freezer, I am not worried. I have neighbors who know how to eat.

Yes, I save plastic containers with lids. I was raised around a bunch of backwoods rednecks. What do you expect? LOL

Then I had to clean my kitchen. OMG. There was tomato sauce EVERYWHERE: on my cabinets, on the wall, on (and in) the stove, and on the floor. It was a nightmare. LOL But, I got it done.

I think I am going to wait until tomorrow to start chopping and storing the onions. At least, they will keep longer without preparation than the tomatoes would have.

I probably should boil and store the cabbage, too. But, for now, I am going to sit in front of my computer and watch Star Trek: The Next Generation, while I peel and bag my oranges for the freezer. They make great orange sauce for chicken dishes, not to mention smoothies and other desserts...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!