Wednesday, September 14, 2016

My hope is secure...

Good morning, World!

The only person who can make you happy is you. If someone is getting in the way of you being happy, then it's YOUR fault for allowing it.

Sometimes you have to just let go. Nip it in the bud. And then, don't look back. If you are going to look back then you are keeping yourself open for more.

One step at a time. Baby steps.

See yourself for who are what you are: A survivor. A child of God. An overcomer.

And, then, prepare for the worse and hope for the best.

My boss asked me yesterday why I haven't considered buying a new (NEW) car. I told her that I like my security. I don't want to make payments. If I owe a bill, then I am in debt. If I am in debt, then I am an oppressed slave to my lusts. I'll buy something that gets me where I need to go and I can pay it outright and it will pay for itself before it doesn't run anymore.

If I need to go out of town, I can rent a car.

Right now, I have situated myself so that if I lose my job today, I can get a minimum wage job if I have to and be able to pay my bills. Actually, I can work min wage part time and be able to make it without worrying.

And, I have three months rent saved up. Two months of rent WITH bills.

I did this with God as my provider and my partner in life. I did not have a man to help me. I did not have a man to get in my way. And, I do not miss one.

I have come to know myself rather well, and I have come to be able to give more of myself as I am able to anyone in need without being impeded or have to ask permission.

There IS freedom in making wise choices.

Proverbs 9:10
“The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.”

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!