Sunday, April 10, 2016

A Picture of Redemption

Today, me and my friend Dallas got a sweet surprise when Betty and Buren Jones and Rosa came to visit us at 1st Bikers Church. They came to honor their son, Johnny, who died, ironically, on the anniversary of Brother Danny's accident that took his life.

Today, we used the service to Remember Brother Danny, and reflect upon his life, before and after Christ in it. We rejoiced with his family that we will see him again one day.

It was a perfect day for the Joneses to visit us and gain confidence that they, too, will see their son again, and to rejoice with us. Danny's absence hasn't deterred him from continuing to bless others.

I love my church family, and I love showing them off to my friends who haven't experienced our worship environment. I was so proud that they were welcomed in the way that my church is famous for doing. I am proud to be a member of such a loving church family.

I am looking forward to prayer and church services tonight. I hope your day is as blessed as mine has been today already.

Dallas, Rosa and Me at 1st Bikers Church this morning. I love my friends!

As I look at this picture and think of what my friend Rosa said about it, "A picture of Redemption", I can't help but think about this fully.

We were all raised in a little Hick Town of Hooks, Texas. Rosa's family was one of the first families there that reached out to me. They taught me the importance of inviting people to church. More importantly, they taught me the importance of what Christ is supposed to mean in your life ... that He is so much more than a Church Icon, a figure of speech, or a story you tell your children on Christmas.

We grew up. We went our separate ways. We left home, backslid, fell down, got dirty and grasped at straws.

Then, we got up, turned around, dusted ourselves off and figured out that the home we left, the Jesus that had let us go, was still the same Jesus that watched us leave, and was still there to welcome us back.

Today, we Praised Him together for the first time in nearly 30 years. I can't help but think that with today being so joyful as we realized the people that He had made us into when we, as "prodigal daughters" returned "home", how much MORE joyful we are going to feel when we meet in heaven to Praise Him together THERE!

The feeling we felt today will be so amplified...and it doesn't seem possible, yet we KNOW it to be true!

A picture of Redemption below. So much truth in that.



This song is dedicated to our loved ones we celebrated today as they have gone home to the Maker:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!